The Religious Education program at Little Flower offers preparation for the sacraments of First Penance, First Communion, and Confirmation. RCIA classes are available for children who have not been baptized, are converting to the Catholic faith, or did not receive Reconciliation/First Communion in second grade. Please contact the DRE for more information.
Faithful attendance to Mass and regular class attendance is expected.
*If you are not already registered in the Religious Education program, please fill out the 2017 CCD Registration Form.
Baptism is the sacrament that gives our souls the new life of sanctifying grace by which we become children of God and heirs of heaven.
Infant Baptism, please call the main parish office at 954-922-3517.
Children who are 5 years or older require a minimum of one year formation if it is involve in the Religious Education Program. For adults and children age 7 and up, please contact the Office of Religious Education for more information about RCIA and RCIA adapted for Children at (954) 922-3517
Penance is the sacrament by which sins committed after Baptism are forgiven through the absolution of the priest. Like every sacrament, it is a sign of three things: past, present, & future.
- It is a sign of the Passion of Christ and of His Precious Blood, which is the medicine He uses to heal our souls.
- It is a sign of the healing action of Christ on the soul through the absolution of the priest.
- It is a sign of the spiritual health which this sacrament gives.
Important Dates: April 24, 2018 at 4:30 pm in the Main Church during CCD hour.
It is a very special time for your child and everyone is invited to attend. Please read the booklet that was given to you and review it with your children. All are invited to participate in the sacrament of reconciliation. Please remember to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation throughout the year.
The Holy Eucharist is a sacrament and a sacrifice. In the Holy Eucharist, under the appearances of bread and wine, the Lord Christ is contained, offered, and received.
- Two years of Sacramental formation classes (in either a parish program or a parochial school) is required prior to receiving the sacraments of First Penance and First Communion.
- Continuing of CCD classes in 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Grade is highly recommended to guarantee a complete faith formation and to properly prepare the student for receiving the sacrament of Confirmation.
- Mandatory Practice – Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 3:00 pm in the Main Church
- 1st Communion – Saturday, May 5, 2018 at 11:00 am in the Main Church
Required Forms: First Communion Registration Form
Required Attire: Girls – white dress, veil (secured to hair), white socks or white tights, and white, low-heeled shoes. Boys – dress pants (any color) with a white shirt and tie, dress shoes (no sneakers). Jackets and suits are not required.
Please: no make-up, nail polish, flowers, corsages, purses, gloves, rosary beads, or prayer books. The children may not carry anything in Church.
Pictures: There will be a professional photographer taking pictures. Information will be distributed. No pictures or videos by parents, family or friends will be allowed during the Mass.
Confirmation is the sacrament through which the Holy Spirit comes to us in a special way and enables us to profess our faith as strong and perfect Christians and soldiers of Jesus Christ. All Catholics should be confirmed in order to be strengthened against the dangers to salvation and to be prepared better to defend their Catholic faith.
Rising 7th graders are invited to participate in the Little Flower Confirmation program. We begin in September of each year. Weekly Mass attendance is required. Our program follows the Archdioceses of Miami Guidelines approved on August, 2014.
- Two years of Sacramental formation classes, including High School students (9th and 10th or 10th and 11th) plus the Confirmation series is required to receive the sacrament of Confirmation.
- Faithful attendance at Mass and regular class attendance is required.
- Mandatory Practice: April 20, 2018 at 6:00 pm in the Main Church
- Confirmation: April 21, 2018 at 4:00 pm in the Main Church
Required Forms: Confirmation Registration Form