Journey through the Catechism is back!
Our day or evening classes will be on Tuesdays, Wednesday or Thursdays, beginning this week Oct. 10-12 and will run for 6 weeks. See our Calendar for dates.
Join our small group faith formation class and explore how our faith affects the way we see ourselves, and our purpose in life, both as individuals and a community! For more info, contact the Rectory.
Wednesday, November 8th at 7 pm
Little Flower Church Auditorium
This is a one woman, live performance based on the life & message of our beloved patron saint, St. Theresa of Lisieux. Come and experience this inspiring story of an ordinary girl who became an extraordinary soul and see how she became a great & powerful saint in the Church through her “little way” with a childlike trust in the love and mercy of God!
Call Rectory for tickets:
$15/adults & $10/children
- Are you, or do you know of someone, who has expressed an interest in becoming a Catholic?
- Are you, or do you know someone, who was baptized Catholic as a child, but has not celebrated the Sacraments of Confirmation, and Eucharist?
Little Flower Catholic Church offers you or someone you might know an opportunity to come together in a small group to learn more about our faith through our Program of R.C.I.A. (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults). This Program, RCIA is how the early Christians joined the Church.
Catechumen and Candidate Documentation Requirement:
Attend to classes every Sunday from 10:00 am through 12:00 pm. We gather as a group at 9:30 am Mass and from there we will walk for our formation time.
We will start our Program on September 24, 2017
- Please provide along with this Application, your Baptismal certificate, First Communion certificate and Marriage certificate.
- The suggested donation, is $75.00. Checks should be made payable to the Church of the Little Flower. Please add in the check’s memo: “RCIA”.
- Sponsors must have received the Three sacraments of initiation: Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist and be living a life consistent with faith and with the responsibility of a godparent,
- Be members of the Catholic Church and canonically free to carry that responsibility.
- Please provide along with this Application, your Sponsor’s Baptismal certificate, First Communion, Confirmation and certificates.
Catechumen/Candidate Prior Marriage:
- Generally, Catechumen are those who are Non-Baptized and Candidates are those who were previously Baptized and are seeking full Communion and Confirmation. Those who are divorced and are presently re- married without obtaining a formal nullity from the Church from the prior marriage(s) (either the candidate, or their spouses) by the Church may not receive any of the Church’s Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation and Communion).
- If that is your situation please address it with any of our Priests and the Pastor or his designee during your initial interview will guide you to go over and base in their recommendation you will proceed for registration.
Initial Interview with Pastor or Pastor’s Designee:
- All Catechumens and Candidates must meet with and have their application for enrollment in the RCIA Program reviewed and approved by Father Thomas O’Dwyer or his designee before or shortly after classes begin.
- You may obtain the application contacting the Office of Religious Education via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please call the Parish Office at (954) 922-3517 for an appointment.